06 July 2007

Hey I'm famous!

Cool... someone found my blog and put it up on www.peacecorpsjournals.com. That's pretty awesome. People can find me now.

I guess that means I should put up some info so people that don't know me can have a little bit of an idea of who I am.

My name is Dave, I'm 22 years old, and I graduated from Syracuse University in May 2007. In just under two weeks I will be heading to Mali to volunteer with the Peace Corps as an Agriculture/Gardening Extension Agent (the "Agent" part is definitely the coolest aspect of the title) for the next 27 months. I was originally set to volunteer in Tanzania, but something happened with the Peace Corps (not exactly sure what...) and half the program was cut, so I was moved to Mali and have had an extra month at home to see family, friends and make some money before I go. It has been great to be home for this extra time, but I am real antzy to get going and start the next big chapter in my life. Look for more updates once I get to Mali after July 20.

3 comments:

B+ said...

Hey Dave-- I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say hey. I'm also going to be leaving for Mali on July 20th to do Small Enterprise Development work. It's nice to make contact with a few volunteers before we all meet. How is packing going? Got everything you think you'll need?

I read your blog postings-- sounds like you have a very excited and great attitude about the adventure we're all about to embark on! It will definitely be a challenging couple years, but will also be very educational and rewarding.

Anyway, feel free to email me if you'd like to chat about Mali. My email address is on my blog.

Josiah Coffey said...

Dude I didn't know you had a blog. Now I can follow your misshaps in Mali. Only kidding. Yeah the time is approaching rapidly for your departure. Keep it real and keep in touch while your over there. I just started a new blog cuz I can't log into my old one. Later bro.

Anonymous said...

David James~
Just caught up on your blog tonight and wanted to say how EXCITED and PROUD we (uncle Jim and myself) are of you. I will look foward to keeping up to date with all your adventures. Sending tons of love and prayers your way!!
Aunt Laura

Website Traffic Statistics
Circuit City Online Coupons